DIRECTORATE OF CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
Oyewale says "E sunday school 2015-2016 PIN is now available visit www.rccg.org for details"Details
Folorunso says "Can someone help me to locate the bursary form"Details
Oyewale says "MARRIAGE BLOWS
MEMORY VERSE: “Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant”. Malachi 2:14.
BIBLE PASSAGE: Matthew 19:3-9.
INTRODUCTION: Marriage blows have become common phenomenon even among Christians today. Some are in total neglect and it seems there is no option to go forward, rather the threat of divorce.
The message of God for you today is that there are ways to get your marriage back on track. However, there is need for repentance. Ac. 17:30.
1. WHY MARRIAGE BLOW?
2. IT CAN BE BETTER STILL
WHY MARRIAGE BLOW?
A successful marriage is something that two people work hard at building together, if this is not present, there are bound to be blows. The causes are:
• The foundation of a marriage relationship is key to its success. Ps. 11:3, Ruth 4:13.
• Unfaithfulness of either of the couple or both. Eccl. 9:9.
• Skipping out things that are important to your spouse. Gen. 2:24.
• Emotionally distancing yourselves after a disagreement. Rom. 8:13.
• Putting pressure on each other, forgetting God as the provider. Phil. 4:6-7, 19.
• Always pointing out the weakness of your spouse is an instrument of blow in marriage. Prov. 31:28, Prov. 12:4 and 1Pet. 3:7.
• Engaging unbelievers to settle misunderstandings. Jas. 5:16.
• Laziness of either couple. Prov. 6:6-8, 31:13-16.
• Stinginess in money issues and rationing sex affairs. Prov. 31:10-12.
• Incompatibility could lead to marriage blow in several ways.
IT CAN BE BETTER STILL
In acknowledging that divorce is not the solution in marriage conflict, then God should be involved
• Realise the mind of God towards your marriage. i.e., it is God’s institution. Mal. 2:16, Rom. 7:2-3.
• Be sorry and repent from the past wrongs. 1Jn. 1:9, Prov. 10:12.
• Desire to obey God and fuel bliss within yourselves. Ac. 5:29, Jn. 12:48.
• Be more present and pray for each other. Eph. 6:18, 1Tim. 2:1.
• Always appreciate yourselves and undervalue your weaknesses. 1Pet. 3:7.
• Keep your temper in check and apologise when you are wrong. Prov. 15:1.
• There must be smooth communication in all things especially sex issues. 1Cor. 7:2-3, 1Pet. 3:1.
The main idea in today’s teaching is to focus on restoring the connection and put the past in the past. You need to work on making new things right. By putting aside issues you can eventually move forward and reconnect in your marriage. This will save the marriage and connect you back to God when you feel like all hope is lost.
1. Mention some of the causes of marital blows.
2. What are the things a couple should do to save their marriage from collapsing?
BLESSED WEEK WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT
MONDAY: 1Cor. 7:15-God hath called us to peace.
TUESDAY: Matt. 19:9-In marriage, there is no room for divorce.
WEDNESDAY: Matt. 5:22-Watch that anger.
THURSDAY: Jas. 5:16-The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
FRIDAY: Heb. 13:4-Marriage is honourable in all.
SATURDAY: Eph. 5:22-Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
SUNDAY: Mark 10:11-Beware of adultery.
DATE: Sunday, 24th May 2015"Details
Oyewale says "Numbers.36: 3 & 6-Anyone who married carnally is alien to the kingdom of God."Details
Oyewale says "DATE: Sunday, 3rd May 2015
MEMORY VERSE: “Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry” Colossians 3:5.
BIBLE PASSAGE: Genesis 29:11-20.
INTRODUCTION: Christian Courtship is a period before wedding/marriage where a Christian brother and sister agree about so many issues and see if they both share the same vision, hope and aspiration about marriage. Christian courtship involves two people that have agreed to walk together, in the direction of marriage -Amos 3:3.
1. THE IMPORTANCE OF COURTSHIP
2. LONG COURTSHIP NOT ADVISABLE
THE IMPORTANCE OF COURTSHIP
Courtship is very important and necessary for the intending couple to observe, if they want to enjoy their marriage. It is during the courtship that proper biblical foundation must be laid down in order to have a happy married life. It is a period to get to know each other intimately apart from carnal knowledge and illicit romance.
Before you venture into wedding plans, both of you must agree on a lot of things like what you both want for your marriage. Know each other’s strength and weaknesses, likes and dislikes and parents. Both of you must realise that marriage means TILL DEATH DO US PART!
It is a time to plan for the wedding and the marriage. One vital issue that must be addressed during this period is to obtain the consent of both parents - Gen.24:54-59. It is a period to undertake marriage counselling lessons. After proposing to a lady and she has agreed to marry you, the next thing to do is to obey the Biblical injunction to prove all things -1Thess. 5:21. Secretly indulging in bodily, emotional and sexual pleasure at this stage with your marriage partner is a sin - Rom.12:1-2. It is a potential sign of marital failure.
LONG COURTSHIP NOT ADVISABLE
Long courtship, in the interest of the two partners, is not advisable. In some churches, long courtship of not less than two years is encouraged with the hope that with such time input, the couple will get to know each other properly. This can, however, easily expose the partners to sexual temptation and thus break the divine constitution - “touch not, taste not and handle not” (Col.2:21). Besides, human beings can pretend and hide true identifies until after the real marriage. To save the intending couple, therefore, a minimum period of six months and maximum of one year is recommended or advisable.
Our Heavenly Father is the best friend anyone can have but also the worst enemy a man can have. Remember He is the one that ordained the institution of marriage. It will be dangerous for anyone to attempt to establish a home without Him. Courtship is not a period to play pranks. Watch and be warned.
1. What is courtship?
2. Justify the fact that courtship is still relevant today in spite of the
present crisis, civilization.
3. Why is long courtship dangerous and not advisable?
BLESSED WEEK WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT
MONDAY: Ezek. 36:26-27 - The Holy Spirit in a heart of flesh enables the believer to do the will of God. Desire Him today.
TUESDAY: Eccl. 3:1-7-There is time for everything. Wait for God's approved time.
WEDNESDAY: Eph.3:16-20-Strength in the inner man is all that is needed to run the heavenly race correctly.
THURSDAY: Matt.5:13-Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt has lost his savour wherewith shall it be salted? It is henceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
FRIDAY: 2Cor. 6:17-Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separated. In order not to conform and spoil your testimony, hold on to God who is able to uphold you to the very end.
SATURDAY: 1Tim. 6:6-Anyone without Christ is ungodly and great loser. Hook on to God.
SUNDAY: Num.36:3 & 6-Anyone who married carnally is alien to the kingdom of God."Details
sharonje40 says "Please can i have the prayer points for covenant partners.? Thanks"Details
Tunde says "http://www.mrctv.org/videos/christian-pastor-dead-45-minutes-tells-un-god-has-totally-raised-me-dead"Details
Oyewale says "THE HOLY SPIRIT OR LIQUOR?
MEMORY VERSE: “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints”. 1Corinthians 14:33.
BIBLE PASSAGE: Proverbs 23:29-35
INTRODUCTION: Drinking communion wine or having the Holy spirit and at the same time drinking alcohol will definitely bring clashes and confusion. Both spirits are capable of influencing the host but by their fruits, we shall know them.
1. ALCOHOLIC DRINKS AND WINES ARE NOT FOR KINGS AND PRIESTS
2. OTHER SPIRITS
3. NOTE THE CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOLY SPIRIT AND OTHER SPIRITS
ALCOHOLIC DRINKS AND WINES ARE NOT FOR KINGS AND PRIESTS
a. Who are the kings and priests?
Revelation 1:6 says if you have been washed by the blood of Jesus Christ you are a king and a priest. When we are united with Christ as members of His body, we join in His priestly work of reconciling God and people -1Pet. 2:9.
b. Dangers of alcohol drinks and wines.
The Bible says the alcoholic beverage must be avoided like a plague –Prov. 31:4, because:
- It leads to wrong decisions –Est. 1:10. What the king would not normally do, he did under the influence of wine.
- It leads astray –Prov. 20:1.
- It provides satanic leadership –Hos. 4:11, Isa. 5:22-23.
- It leads to confusion –Prov. 23:29-30.
- Sexual immorality is associated with the spirit of alcohol –Prov. 23:33, some of which have led to incest –Gen. 19:33-35.
- The spirit of alcohol makes the Holy Spirit to step aside in lives of drunkard - 1Cor. 3:16-17. (It leads to defilement of the temple of God.)
It ultimately leads to hell –Gal. 5:21.
Spirit of the world, spirit of demon, familiar spirit, spirit of divination, spirit of adoption, spirit of bondage, unclean spirit, evil spirit, spirit of beast, spirit of antichrist, spirit of error. 1Sam. 16:14, Eccl. 3:21, 1Jn. 4:6, Jas. 4:4, 1Jn. 4:15-16, Lev. 19:31, Deut. 26:6, Matt. 12:43, Rev. 11:7.
NOTE THE CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOLY SPIRIT AND OTHER SPIRITS
1. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth –Jn. 14:17, while other spirits lead to deception. Jn. 8:44.
2. The Holy Spirit is of God –Jn. 15:26, Jn. 14:16, while other spirits are of the devil.
3. The Holy Spirit gives liberty -2Cor. 3:17, while other spirits lead to bondage.
4. The Holy Spirit helps in the work of redemption –Jn. 4:14, while the spirit of liquor leads to eternal damnation –Gal. 5:21, Prov. 31:33.
5. The spirit of alcohol is associated with the spirit of lust and immorality while the Holy Spirit is associated with the Holy God and helps in the sanctification of believers - 1Thess. 2:13, 1Pet. 1:5, Rom. 15:16.
6. The Holy Spirit empowers believers for exploits and good works –Ac. 1:8, 10:38, while the spirit of alcohol empowers for the works of the flesh –Prov. 23:33-35, Gal. 5:19-21.
7. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of holiness –Rom. 1:4.
8. The Holy Spirit dwells only in believers –Rom. 8:9.
The difference is endless.
Alcohol may be for others but not for kings. Anytime you take what kings are forbidden to take, you become less of the king you were meant to be. In this regard, such violator will find it difficult to operate as a king.
1. What are the dangers of alcoholic drinks and wines?
2. What are the clear differences between the Holy Spirit and other spirits?
BLESSED WEEK WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT
MONDAY: Rom. 6:16- All people have a master and pattern themselves after him. We may be enslaved to sin without the Holy Spirit and the result is separation with God.
TUESDAY: 1Thess. 5:22- We live in a sinful world but we can be sure we do not give evil a foothold.
WEDNESDAY: Ac. 4:8-You too can be filled with the Holy Spirit.
THURSDAY: Prov. 23:21-Spirit of liquor is a spirit of poverty.
FRIDAY: Eccl. 8:4-The word of the king is full of power.
SATURDAY: Rom. 8:13-Live by the Spirit to be alive.
SUNDAY: Eph. 5:18-The effects of alcohol are obvious. What happens when we are filled with the Holy Spirit?"Details
Oyewale says "DATE: Sunday, 19th April 2015
HOUSE FELLOWSHIP IS FOR YOU
MEMORY VERSE: “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place”. Acts 2:1.
BIBLE PASSAGE: Acts 2:46-48.
INTRODUCTION: The Bible enjoined believers in Christ Jesus not to forsake fellowshipping together, in Hebrews 10:25. One of such fellowship meetings is in the House Fellowship. Though, some go to club meetings for social reasons and for recreations but all these can be termed as physical exercises that profit little. House Fellowship is instituted by the Lord Jesus to care for your spiritual and welfare needs. Make it a regular part of your weekly schedule and be blessed.
1. HOUSE FELLOWSHIP IS FOR YOUR SPIRITUAL GROWTH
2. HOUSE FELLOWSHIP IS FOR YOUR MENTAL GROWTH
3. HOUSE FELLOWSHIP AIDS CHURCH GROWTH
HOUSE FELLOWSHIP IS FOR YOUR SPIRITUAL GROWTH
a. Every member of house fellowship has equal opportunity to develop his/her prayer life when you take time to be in God’s presence in praying for yourself and others. 1Thess.5:25.
b. You can develop your study life by reading the word of God regularly and studying the House Fellowship manual ahead of the meeting time so that you can also contribute in the lesson discussion. Col.3:16.
c. You can develop your evangelism life by going out with other brethren to preach the gospel. Ac. 2:46.
d. You can develop your talent by carrying out any assignment given to you during the fellowship such as in leading praises, prayer, reading the scriptural passages and assisting to collect offerings and distributing items which need to be circulated at meetings. Ac. 2:42.
e. You can also develop your fasting life by partaking in fasting programmes as organized or arranged by the centre leader. Matt. 17:21.
f. You can develop your relationship with other brethren when you take time to invite others to the House Fellowship meeting. Jn. 1:35-42.
HOUSE FELLOWSHIP IS FOR YOUR MENTAL GROWTH
a. You can grow mentally by memorising lesson’s memory verses and reciting it when called to do so. Eph. 5:19.
b. You can also grow mentally by exhibiting maturity in handling relationship issues as you tolerate others in the house fellowship. Col. 3:13-14.
HOUSE FELLOWSHIP AIDS CHURCH GROWTH
a. Reaching out to the neighbourhood is easier through the house fellowship. Jn. 1:35-42.
b. Follow up of new members is easier through the house fellowship centres since they are close to the grassroots. Ac. 2:26.
c. Members of the congregation get attention through the house fellowship such as attending to welfare cases which could be a bit difficult in a large congregation. Ac. 6:1-7.
d. Recruiting members for the work force is easier through the house fellowship.
There is more to house fellowship meetings than going there for going sake. Never forsake house fellowship meetings and make sure you contribute your quota to its growth and development for maximum results. House Fellowship is for you.
1. Explain why House Fellowship is for your spiritual growth.
2. How does House Fellowship aid church growth?
BLESSED WEEK WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT
MONDAY: Ac. 1:14, Heb.10:25-How good and pleasant is it for brethren to dwell in unity.
TUESDAY: Eph. 4:2, 32-Endure and forgive one another in everything in love.
WEDNESDAY: Matt.16:18-House fellowship is a mandate for spiritual growth and development.
THURSDAY: Ac. 12:24-Church growth is aided by a good house fellowship.
FRIDAY: Col.4:6-Spiritual and physical need is catered for through the house fellowship centre.
SATURDAY: Rom.12:12-Rejoicing together in one accord in Christ Jesus.
SUNDAY: Mark 11:23-Whatever is asked together in faith shall be accomplished.
DATE: Sunday, 26th April 2015"Details
Sobande says "WORDS FOR TODAY
When we know God’s character and His promises, faith begins to grow. That’s why Romans says that faith comes by hearing the Word of God. That’s how we get to know Him.
Today, I encourage you to build your faith by spending time in God’s Word. Get to know Him and His plans that are for your good. Let faith rise up in your heart and bring to pass all that you’ve been hoping for!"Details
More Posts >>>